Sneaky Tricks To Take The Most Attractive Instagram Selfies Ever

By | 7:49 PM Leave a Comment

You already know how to take a selfie. I’m not going to insult you by teaching you how to. Instead, now that "selfie" is a real word listed in the Oxford Dictionary and my mother is taking her own selfies, it’s time we aced them like we’re going be given gold stars for the hottest ones.

ANGLES

The number-one angle that looks good on everybody is the top-tilt. It’s when you hold your camera or your phone up, and tilt it down at yourself at an angle. It slims everything, and makes your eyes look bigger.

Practice has helped me learn my angles, which side is my better side (the left), and that I can take full frontal face shots on non-fat-face days. There is no such thing as too many selfies.



LOCATION & LIGHTING

You know: location, location, location. It gets a bit boring when all your selfies are taken in the same place.

Before Instagram, I had an acquaintance on Facebook who would upload photo after photo of himself hamming it up in a cubicle of a public bathroom. Full-on smizing, hand-cradling-face kinds of photos--and albums full of them. It makes me wonder how much time he spends in public bathrooms.

Outdoor locations make for interesting photos, but I also enjoy taking photos on my bed. Y'all already know how good I look in it.

Look for light. If you want your face to look brighter, go towards a light source, whether it’s an open window, or even the light in your room. Try blinds or a linen curtain for less harsh effect when you’re by the window.

0 comments:

Post a Comment